Saturday, November 29, 2008

Two Posts in One Day ... what??

OK, so I know it's stupid but I wanted to give one post to Thanksgiving and the other one to Twilight ... so that it didn't seemed rushed or that I was making one things more important then the other (Twilight isn't more important then my family). This year was hard for me. Aaron is down in Utah for the next 24 days and didn't spend Thanksgiving with me. This is the first time we've been apart like this since we were dating. I honestly thought I could handle it because, unlike Aaron, I can be OK with being by myself ... but NOT FOR A MONTH AND 3 WEEKS. I miss him everyday and it's hard with Noah. I give props to those single mothers, or mom/dads that are raising families while their spouses are away (Iraq, business, pilot, etc). It's so hard to do it by yourself. I have my family, yes, but it's different. I can't help but feel guilty asking for their help. Anyways, Thanksgiving this year was different. I felt like it was just anther day, but my mom cooked all day. I decided to go running in the morning with Noah and went to PHS track. OK, so when did they decide to lock the gates to the track? I think that is RIDICULOUS and I am so mad about it. Since taxpayers paid to have that track rebuilt it should be available to the public ... DUMB! So, I went in Gig Harbor to run and low and behold there is some 5K going on (Turkey trot?) and I am driving almost running over people. MY BAD! Anyways, that was pretty much the highlight of my day, LOL. It was only my mom, dad, sister and Noah and I for dinner too, so it was quiet and weird most of the time. My mom then went to the ER because my dad thought she was having a heart attack, nice huh? She just has pneumonia and polarise (a condition in which your lungs get way infected and enlarged). She's OK, but doesn't feel well.


So, I hope everyone had a great holiday. I am excited for Christmas. I wish was in my own house but life throws you curve balls I guess.
Melissa



P.S. Below are some pics of Noah and above is a pic of me with my new hair (it turned out more gold then blond). Enjoy














No comments: