Sunday, November 9, 2008

Some new updates.

So, it's been a busy 2 weeks. We moved from Utah to Washington on October 25th. It was a gruling 14-15 hour car ride, but I actually made good time. Thank heavens for our in dash dvd player for Noah. I'm not sure if it wouldn't have been as smooth without it. However, my back and butt and neck and shoulders and everything was in major pain. I left my husband in the dust with the moving van because he was going way too slow. I mean, like, 55 miles per hour slow. If I would've stayed with him it would've taken us 5 plus more hours to get to Washington. He only arrived 1 1/2 after me though, so he made good time. We spent a fabulous week together and then he left on Sunday Nov 2nd to go back to Utah to work until Dec 20th. I miss him a lot. It's been very hard on me without him. Truthfully, I thought I would be able to handle it. We did this exact same thing when we were dating for 3 months, so I thought it wasn't that bad. Well, now we are married and have a son so it's different. I think Noah is having a major hard time as well, but he can't tell me that's why he's sad, I just assume.

I'm sorry but no Halloween pictures. We just didn't do anything about it this year. One, I couldn't find a costume that Noah would like. He doesn't like hats or anything on his head and most costume for babies have a hood with some sort of creature on it. Two, he doesn't even know what Halloween means, so it can save us on money and time to take him out (and save me weight gain from the candy) and Three, Aaron and I spent some quality time together that night. I am thinking Noah may like Halloween next year, but if he doesn't then that is ok too. Halloween was never a favorite holiday of mine so I'm not looking forward to the days of trick or treating.

I am working at the very first job I'd ever got, Merrill Gardens. Now, I have an interview with a company my sister works with AllianceOne. I will always love Merrill Gardens because it was a very fun job when I worked there a long time ago, but now I'm older and it's hard on my back and feet to do that all day. I also feel like I don't have as much to do as I used to, and I don't feel it's as orgainized as it once was. Also, dress code has changed and I'm supposed to get black shoes and we wear long sleeves ... in a hot kitchen! I hate it. I also don't get paid nearly enough and I was promised full time when I got there and now they can't give it to me until January. I have really wanted to work an 8-5 job and this is 11-7. So, hopefully I will get this other job, then I don't have to get my food handlers permit.

I've been running every morning and eating better. I really have been avoiding temptation and I'm proud of myself (anthor bad reason to work at Merrill Gardens, food is everywhere!). I don't know if I've lost weight. I really want to be down 20lbs before Aaron gets back, but I don't know if it's happening. How do people on the biggest loser do it so fast! :(

Anyways, those are the updates. I'll post pictures soon. I packed my camera charger and I can't find it at the moment. When i do, I can take pics and post them.

Melissa

2 comments:

Leslierush said...

Glad things went well with the move. When your trying to lose weight don't set your goals too high or you'll just get dissapointed. They lose so much weight on the biggest loser cus they all have SO much to lose. Good luck with it though. It takes time.

Carrie said...

I'm glad you're getting settled in. Are you guys feeling better? I bet Aaron misses you just as much. I know that must be hard! People on the Biggest Loser lose it so fast b/c they work at it 24/7 and have personal trainers and all that good stuff. I'd probably lose it fast too if I had someone on my butt day after day! Good for you, though!