Saturday, October 11, 2008

Some updates ..

Well,we are only 14 days away from our adventure in moving to Washington. Is it silly for me to be scared? I mean, it's my hometown! I haven't lived in Washington since 2001, almost 8 years. I have mostly everything packed here and all the rooms cleaned and we took all of our crap to the D.I. (goodwill) yesterday. Our neighbors (whom I will miss because they are so wonderful) came by and looked through our garage and bought a bunch of stuff and gave us $100. I was like, um, we were going to take this the D.I. so you can just have it. He was persistant so I took it. I feel bad, but he said he felt bad cuz he felt like he was robbing me. LOL. So we are on our way ... and I'm nervous.

Noah is doing great! I think he's teething again because he's drooling like mad and has a real runny nose. So, he keeps getting up in the middle of the night WAILING. If anyone has any tips to help him that would be great. Sometimes he won't go back to bed and I have to turn on Finding Nemo and he will watch it and then go back to bed. I just want him to sleep through the night and he won't :(.

He is climbing up and down stairs now. I know ... he's almost 17 months and he just learned. We didn't have stairs that he could learn on. Well, we do,but we spend our time upstairs and not downstairs so he never learned. At the places I nannied I had to block the stairs because I couldn't spend my time teaching him when I had to watch the other kids. So, now he knows I feel so relieved. He also claps and waves bye bye. He's so cute. :)

That's it for now!

Melissa

2 comments:

Leslierush said...

Have you ever just tried letting him cry it out? It might be hell for like 3 nights but if he knows that you aren't coming and getting him out everytime he cries he might quit. And you don't have to ignore him, just go in every like 20 minutes and re-tuck him in but don't get him out. Good Luck!

Carrie said...

Are you giving him anything for pain? Can't beleive you're moving so quick. It'll be fine. It's just good that you're coming before any bad weather gets here. Are you driving? BE SAFE!!!