Saturday, September 13, 2008

Twilight Series

Ok, so I was really against reading these books for a long time. One, I am NOT a reader. I don't think I've read a book for the last 5 years I've been with aaron (not counting pregnancy books, I felt OBLIGATED to read those). Two, people here talk about these characters as if they are real. I seriously have to laugh about it. One of my good friends, Melissa, always tells me how much she "loves" Edward. I am always like, "you know he's a fictional character, right?" I just think it's amusing because I've never been that way in books.

So, anways, Aaron bought me the book Tori Spelling wrote, So Nortorious (which is a really good book) and I read it in two days. He was amazed because I never read. He was really interested in me reading the Twilight books. He finally bought me the first book and I was hesitant. I have to really REALLY like a book to read it all. If it doesn't interest me, then forget it. I am surprised by how captivating the first book was. I read it in two days. (now, I read fast, but i also skip boring parts. If there is a part that doesn't strike my interest or it goes on for way too long I can't read it. Maybe that's wierd but I can get the gist of the book without have to bore myself to death)

So, Aaron bought me the second book of the series, New Moon, and I was so eager to read it. I was actually sick the day after he got it so I spent the entire day reading it. Ok, so I am not so fond of the second book as I was with the first. The first is about vampires and the second about warewolves. I actually had to skip a lot because it was so long and drawn out. It was so boring to me, but still intriging enough for me to finish it in one day.

I borrowed Eclipse and Breaking Dawn from my sister in law, Breann, and I just finished Eclipse and I was happier with that book, but also it was predicitable to me. Now I am reading Breaking Dawn and so far so good.

The only thing about these books is that they're SO DESCRIPTIVE. I would have to say that these books are rated PG-13. LOL. I would still have to say I like the first book better out of the last two ... but they are still very intersting and I am surprised of how into them I am.

Anyways, that's my life these days, being a book worm. I guess I am catching up for all the years I was a horrible student in high school.

Melissa

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Those books are a big hit! I haven't read them yet, but a ton of people I know have and they all really really liked them. I just haven't taken the time to go to the library and I don't know if I should buy them. ?? I'll get to it one day. :)