Thursday, February 21, 2008

new car

Aaron and I are going to get a new (used) car. I am a nanny now and feel like we need a bigger and more reliable car then the BMW. I have fallen in love with the Mazada Protege5. They are a wagon and I read consumer reviews and stuff and they are really good reliable cars. Aaron wants to get a van. Not that I am against vans, I just think this one would be better for now. The one I am looking at does have a lot of miles so maybe I'll just have to suck it up but still why can't I finally get the car that I actually like? My Jetta was ok, but it wasn't my choice, aaron thought it would be a better car to resell if we needed to. Then we got the Escape, but I just feel like we were forced into that car, and it didn't get good gas milege. Now I find a car I like, but Aaron wants me to have a van. I want this to be a car that I will like and stick with for a LONG time. I feel like we trade in/sell our cars every year and it's getting old to me.
I start my nanny job on Monday. I am nervous and excited at the same time. I am also working P/T still as a billing clerk and I am working a lot the first two weeks (m/t/w/th/Sat) then usually the last two weeks I am super slow so I will only work t/th. It will give us extra money, but I know I'll be tired. We'll see how it works out ... I might tell them I can't work that much, which I'm sure they'll understand.

Ok, I should be working so I better go.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Aaron Smeltzer!!!
I can't believe I just ran across your blog. You have such a cute family. I can't believe you are a daddy. That is so great. I don't even remember the last time I saw you, probably my wedding. I didn't even know you were married. I saw your family when your house got that makeover and I watched you do the grocery spree. You look great and your family is darling. Congratulations a little late on your marriage. Hope things are good...
Katie

The Green's said...

Get a van...they are so rad!!! I love my van. I always said I wouldn't be a van mom but now I am and it was one of the best choices. My husband even loves it. We just throw a bunch of crap in the back and take off whenever we want. You can fit so much stuff and people in it. If you want a car you will stick with for a long time that wouldn't be a wagon cause you are going to have more kids and eventually they won't fit. Anyway, don't know if you wanted my opinion but there it is anyway!

Claudia said...

Good luck with the car purchase. I looked at some car ratings recently and realized that I HATE buying cars! Send me to the dentist, but not the car lot!!!!