Wednesday, February 6, 2008

GREAT! JUST GREAT!

A month ago our car broke down and we had to replace the alternator. Here's my story for today:

So, I woke up this morning, did my usual routine with Noah and about 6:30am I go and start the car to warm it up. Started just fine and I went back inside, finished getting myself and Noah ready, fed him some solid foods and started out the door. I get to the car when behold! It's not running. I try to start it, DEAD! Well, it was clicking so that meant that it wasn't holding a charge on my battery. So, Aaron had to come and get Noah and I called the tow truck and they took me to AutoZone first because they are the ones who gave me a battery. Well, the battery tested fine, NOTHING wrong. They gave me a new one and my car was working ok. The couldn't check the alternator because it's a BMW and the way it's built it's hard to check but they said that the car was totally running off the battery. So THEN I drove it to the auto shop and told them that my alternator was bad and they had to replace it. They started asking me questions like, "has it not been chargeing this past month" my reply, "no, it's been working just fine." Then, "didn't we tell you then battery in it was bad and it needed to be replaced?" my reply, " yes, but I went to autozone and they tested it for me, tested fine. Anyways, that doesn't affect the alternator. Either the battery is bad, or the alternator is bad and the car runs off the battery." So, then he was like, "well I guess it's a bad alternator then." YOU GUESS!?! He has to be kidding right? Of course it is ... and they are doing the repair for free! Yeah, now I have to get a rental car because it won't be ready for 3 days. I also missed a half days work so I have to stay later ... it sucks! It better not happen again, This is pretty much strike 50 with this car place ... UGH.

No comments: